MEDIC UKM : First Year MBBS Student 2019


FRESHMAN YEAR



Well, on my freshman year, there's a lot of things that I've learn through my half year in semester 1 at PPUKM. My first week as a university student is quite a 'culture shock' for me. The system and everything is something new that i need to adapt and of course, i need to adapt ASAP because we learn so fast. New topic everyday, need to catch up everything or you will be behind. That's sound scary. Yes! I've been through that. Seems difficult TBH since you're just in a freshman year. I fail on my first module in the test but I got through it by breaking my own walls and yea, I pass my final semester 1. That's what i satisfied about.

I don’t have a friend that I know before, everyone is new to me. It takes time for me to get along with them. Yes! Finally, I got new friends that as crazy as I am and we are closed that called as “Onion’s Aunty” hahahha…sounds great! We study in groups together especially when exam just around the corner and hangout together. Not just that, we always eat together or had some mini party at our rooms just to chill ourselves. So lets move to more important things that I wanna share with you who read this! Yes you! Future doctor! or you who wanna know what we learn and do as a medical student in UKM. Let’s go!

For first semester,  the module consist of:
  1. Cellular Biomolecules CBM
  2. Tissue of Body TOB
  3. Membrane and Receptor MNR
  4. Metabolism 
  5. Personal & Professional Advancement PPA
  6. Data Analytic
  7. Academic Communication

For second semester, the module consist of:
  1. Human Genetics HG
  2. Infection & Immunity II
  3. Mechanism of Diseases MOD
  4. Musculoskeletal MSC
  5. Personal & Professional Advancement II PPA
  6. Medicine & Society MEDSOC
  7. Clinical Sciences IB CSL
  8. Entrepeneurship ( CESMED )

So, you need to know that as we go another semester, the module will get tougher. You need to prepare physically and mentally. The basic that you learn from the first semester, you need to understand, so you can apply on your future module and in clinical year. You need to have a mindset that you should study to apply on your future occupation as a doctor and not study for exam (that’s totally WRONG!)

My first semester went well as time goes by. Lots of new experience. I join Taekwondo Club and Yes! I got Gold for my college KTDI in SUKEM (Sukan antara UKM). All Taekwondo members and teacher are awesome and friendly. Great to know them! We have our own buddy from every year student (buddy line) and you, Future Medical Student UKM , also will get to know your buddy and buddy line. There’s a lot of activities but sometimes it seems bother to me cause we need to study like ‘a-lot’. Therefore, time management is the KEY.

For my second semester, everything goes well at early semester but when Covid-19 Outbreak on March, everything turn upside down. At early semester, we have clinical skill programme that all first year student “WAJIB” join. This activity turns out to be GREAT. We get to learn a lot of clinical skill and it really expose to student on pre-clinical year. It’s amazing tbh because I get to learn how to do catheterization, breast examination, antiseptic hand wash technique, take blood pressure etc. We also have ward round. But during the pandemic, everyone at home, so I become more relax and do activity with my family a lot instead of studying. This keeps me worried and increase my anxiety level. Yes we have online class but only for PBL , SGD and MES. Others, we learnt ourselves with video provided by the lecturers. If we don’t know or misunderstand, just email or whatsapp to ask the lecturer. I totally a bit dumb at first but I started to make my own study schedule and to-do list. It’s helpful though. The exam also online both EOM and EOS (end of module & end of semester). Surely, it is open book so there’s a question you will never heard before but yea, just think the correct answer or search it. But there’s time limit. No kidding. We need to use our time wisely and turns out we don’t really have much time to open our book. To be concluded, please study before EXAM..hahahah.

For those yang nak tahu about pre-clinical college room, here I share with you guys !! It's new and everything in a good condition! Don't worry, the locker is quite big. Bring whatever you want okay. Hahahaha..

Kolej Tun Dr. Ismail 2


So, I will tell you more details on what we learn every sem on next post. But I can’t promise you guys when. I might also share some of my notes and others. So don’t forget to hit button subscribe okay!

Do comment anything that you wanna ask. For fast respond, do DM me on Instagram. Adios!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTERVIEW MEDIC UKM and UITM 2019/2020

INTERVIEW MEDIC UNISZA 2019/2020